Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The black bagel hole

Bagels. Mother fucking bagels.

I like them doughy. Soft, thick, chewy, doughy... so doughy that you almost can't see a hole in the middle. Butter or creamcheese doesn't matter, but I'll pass on the lox.

1 Bagel = 6 slices of bread.

I wonder if really dough bagels = 8 slices of bread.

I'm not sure.

I know a better choice for breakfast is an eggwhite omlette, heavy on the veggies, light on the cheese. I know banana and peanut butter or oatmeal with fresh berries is also a good way to go. All of these options were available to me. ALL OF THEM.

But as I stared at that arrangement of extra doughy bagels on the counter (office, not home. No bagels in my house... too tempting) I couldn't help but feel a carb attack coming on. It was a bad one. Like the kind that starts in your belly and works it's way up through your mouth (so you get the taste in your mouth and your nose) and then popps out and slaps you in the face. It was pretty bad.

Ok here's how it went down. I took the doughiest multigrain bagel I could find. Cut it in half and put one teaspoon of light cream cheese on it. With it I had a cup of green tea.

Here's the question? Was a weakling for craving into the bagel temptation or was I smart for not depriving myself but limiting my portion size?

So far I don't feel weighed down by the carbilicious breakfast. I do however, feel annoyed at the green tea stain on my left boob for when I tried to carry my tea and bagel back to my desk and wasn't successful.

Breakfast excites me.

No comments: